Its been ages that I hopped in here. Anyway lets start with a Happy 2015..:)...Now to say, there are a lot of excuses but lets just leave it behind..
Again its that part of the year where in the clouds in Beaverton decide to fight and finally cry throughout the day, making the earth completely wet and the air completely cold. I do miss those lovely snows back in Grand Rapids, but yeah you got to enjoy what you have...right??? And what is the best way to enjoy a rainy day to us Indians...yup something warm and spicy..doesn't matter if its fried, baked or steamed.. So here is one such baked recipe that is best for those evenings or for that matter any evenings...:)
Puff Pastry sheets-1 no(cut to 6 pieces)
Hard boiled eggs-3 nos(cut to halves)
Onion-1 medium(sliced thin)
Green Peas-2 to 3 tbsp(frozen)
Curry leaves-3 to 4(torn to small pieces)
Ginger-1/2 tsp(finely chopped)
Garlic-1/2 tsp(finely chopped)
Chili powder-3/4 to 1 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Garam Masala-1/2 tsp
Black Pepper Powder-1/2 tsp
Tomato Ketchup-1/2 to 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil-1 to 2 tsp
Milk/Egg for egg wash
Method of preparation:
1. Take the puff pastry sheet and let them thaw at room temperature for 40 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add onion, garlic, ginger and curry leaves. Cook till onion turns golden brown.
3. Add the green peas and cook till it is soft.
4. Add chili powder,turmeric,garam masala, black pepper powder and salt. Cook for about 2 minutes.Add the ketchup and mix well.Turn off the heat. Let the mixture cool.
5. Preheat the oven at 400F. Prepare the baking sheet by setting up parchment paper on it.
6. Cut the puff pastry sheet to six equal pieces. Place about 1 tbsp of the mixture on one end of it. Place half of the egg and then wrap with the other side of the pastry sheet.
7. Press the edges of the pastry sheet lightly but firmly with a fork.
8. Place it on the baking sheet and continue it for the remaining pieces. Then just brush milk/egg wash on top of the pastry sheets.
9. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes. Once golden brown take them out and serve once warm.
1. Thaw the pastry sheet before using.
2. Add the chili powder according to your tolerance level. If you want more color without much spiciness use kashmiri chili powder instead.
3. Instead of green peas you can add carrot .