Absence from my blog for such a long time was because of some unannounced guests at my home...They came here gave us many gifts...stayed for 2 weeks...still with us and ya has touched everyone with their immense love ...Now i just have one wish...Hope they go fast from my home...you guys must be thinking that I have gone mad after the break...:)
Oh I forgot to introduce our guests....You all know them by their family names...Virus & Bacteria.. They showed so much of love towards us that we are just blown out(to pieces) by it..:)
Lets go to ada pradhaman
Coconut milk-1 cup(thin)
coconut milk-1 cup(thick)
Coconut bits-1 tbsp
Dry ginger powder(chukku podi)-1/4 tsp
Cardamom powder-1/2 tsp
Method Of Preparation:
1. Fry cashews, Raisins, coconut bits in ghee and keep aside.
2. Melt the jaggery with little water (nearly 1/4 cup).Drain the impurities and keep aside.
3. Boil about 2 to 3 cups of water and add the ada to it.cook it till the ada is 3/4 cooked. Drain the water and wash 3 to 4 times.
4. Grate the coconut and take milk out of it by pressing it. This yields the thick milk.Now add about 2 to 3 tbsp hot water and take milk from the coconut and this yields a little lighter milk.
If using canned coconut milk, just add little water to make it thin.
5. Now add the cooked ada along with jaggery and the little ghee in a thick bottomed vessel and cook it till it becomes semi thick. Now add the thin coconut milk and cook it till the raw taste of milk goes. just boil it twice in low heat.
6. Then add the thick coconut milk and simmer it till it becomes semi thick.Add the ginger powder and cardamom, mix and turn off the heat.
7. Add the fried nuts and mix well.
Couldnt click much as the payasam was attacked in between the photo session..
1. Color of pradhaman depends on the color of jaggery.
2. Addition of nuts is purely optional.Just coconut bits would taste superb too.
I am showered with triple awards from Sangee Vijay. Thanks a lot dear.So happy to receive these awards...
I am passing these awards to some of my blogger friends..
Sharmilee- Sharmis passions
Shobha- Food Mazaa
Aipi- US Masala
Suja- Kitchen Corner
Krithi- Krithi's Kitchen
Radhika- Tickling Palates
Ganga- My Favourite Foods
Jisha- Jisha's Kitchen
Ammu- Ammaji Recipes
Sayantani- A Homemaker's Diary
Julie- Erivum Puliyum
Neha- From My Heart
Treat & Trick- Treat & Trick
Swathi- Zesty South Indian Kitchen