This is one such dish from her variety meal recipe...
Egg-3(Boiled and peeled)
Green peas-1/4 cup(frozen)
Ginger garlic paste-1 tbsp
Onion-1 no(thinly sliced)
Tomato-2 nos(big one)
Salt to taste
Onion-1/2 of medium one(thinly sliced)
Coriander leaves-2 tbsp
Fennel seeds-1 tsp
Cardamom seeds-1/4 tsp
Cinnamon-1 1/2 inch piece
Red chili powder-1 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder-2 tsp
Biryani Masala-1& 1/2 tsp
To cook Rice:
Rice-1 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
1. Cook the rice 80% with the required water,salt and ghee.Once cooked fluff the rice and set aside.The above measurement is given to cook rice in pressure cooker.
2. Boil and peel the eggs, slit them without cutting to edge and set aside.
3. Heat little oil/ghee in wok and fry the thinly sliced onions till turns golden brown. Drain and set aside.Then add oil in a wok. Add the spices to it and fry for few seconds.
4. Then add onion and ginger garlic paste and cook till it turns translucent. Add spice powders and mix well for a minute till raw smell goes.
5. Add tomato and cook till it is soft and mushy. Add peas and cook covered till it is soft.
6. Cook on low heat. Add a few tbsp of water if really needed.Add salt and mix well.
7. Now add the eggs and give it a good mix along with a tbsp of coriander leaves.Turn off the heat.
1. Take a pressure cooker and add half of the masala at the bottom. Layer this with rice and add remaining masala and another layer of rice.
2. Drizzle little ghee on top and close the lid. Cook on low heat with whistle on for 15 to 20 mins. See that it doesn't whistle.
3. Turn off heat and wait till the pressure goes for about 10 mins. Then open the cooker and transfer the biryani to a bowl. Add the remaining coriander leaf, fried onion and serve warm with a squeeze of lemon juice.
1. Cook rice in the way you are comfortable with. The rice should be 3/4th cooked and have stand alone grains
2. Instead of cooking the biryani in pressure cooker you can cook it in oven too. In that case preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a baking dish. Layer half the masala and then half the rice. Add another layer masala and then rice. Add the fried onion on top and drizzle ghee on top.Cover and cook for 25 to 30 mins.
3. You can use green bean,carrots or a mix as veggie here.or use no veggie at all too.
4. If using dried variety of peas soak and cook earlier. Then add to the masala and continue cooking.
5. Add salt accordingly.