Hey ya I made a recipe index for my space..do check it out if interested and I am also having a facebook page..If interested join me there..:)
Anyways todays recipe is a flavor packed spicy gravy made of chickpeas..It goes perfectly with dosas, chapathis,roti,appam,puttu etc..
Chickpea- 1 ½ cups
Ginger Garlic paste- 1 tbsp
onion- 1 medium(Chop in small pieces)
Tomato- 1 nd 1/2(Chop in small pieces)
Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
Chili powder- ½ tsp
Meat Masala-1 nd 1/2 tbsp
Coriander powder- 1 tbsp
Salt, to taste
Method of Preparation:
1. Soak chickpea in water overnight or for min 4 to 5 hours.
2. Wash and cook the chickpea with required water in a pressure cooker for two whistle on medium(in case of overnight soaking) or for about 3 to 4 whistles(4 hr soaking).
3. In a pan, heat oil,add sliced onion, green chilli ,ginger-garlic paste and saute till onion becomes translucent.
4. Add all the spice powders and stir till the raw taste goes.
5. To this add tomatoes and mix well. Cook till tomatoes are soft.
6. Add cooked chickpea with about 1 nd 1/2 cup water from the pressure cooker to make medium thick gravy.
7. Close and cook for 10 to 15 minutes for flavors to be absorbed by chickpea.Turn off heat.
8. Garnish with cilantro and serve hot with roti,chapathi,appam,puttu,idiyappam,parotta.