Peda is prepared with milk by stirring it continuously to form a thick mass and then shaped. Here is a quick method to prepare the same...
Milk Powder-2 cups
Condensed Milk-1 can/14oz
Butter-1/2 cup(1 stick)
Pista- to decorate
Method of Preparation:
1. Melt the butter in a pan and then add condensed milk and milk powder to it. Mix well to remove any lumps.
2. Cook on low heat stirring continuously When the mixture starts to come from sides and forms to lump turn off the heat.
3. Grease your hands with ghee and when the heat of mixture is tolerable by hand make small rounds or discs and press pista on it.
4. Let it cool to room temperature.Serve or keep in air tight boxes and refrigerate.
1. Powder you milk powder if they are not smooth.
2. Mix well in order to avoid lumps.
3. Do not increase heat more as the chance of sticking to the pan and browning is high.
4. Do cook till it separates from sides and forms a lump, else the peda will be soft.
5. While rolling the pedas are soft but once cooled the turn firm.
6. Use nuts of your choice.
7. You can add little crushed cardamom powder for flavor.
8. If refrigerated bring it to room temperature before serving.