Basmathi Rice-1 cup
Water-1 nd 1/2 cup
Bay Leaves-1 no
Cinamon stick-1 inch
Salt to taste(minimum)
Water to cook rice.
Saffron- a small pinch
Milk-1 to 2 tbsp(warm)
**Using a mortar and pestle crush the saffron with milk for max colour and flavor. Keep aside.
Beans, cauliflower, Carrot, Beetroot, Green peas,Tomato-Altogether it was about 2 cups(cut to equal sizes)
Onion-1 no(thinly sliced)
Green chilli-1 no
Ginger-Garlic paste-1 tbsp
Yogurt-2 to 3 tbsp
Salt to taste.
vegetable oil- 2 tbsp
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Biryani Masala-1 tsp
Garam Masala-1 tsp
Cumin seeds-1 tsp
Bay leaves-2 no
Cardamom powder-1/2 tsp
Cinnamon stick-1 small piece
Cashew nuts- few
**Fry nuts and keep aside.
**keep the remaining ghee aside too.
Method Of Preparation:
1. Wash the rice and soak it in water for 10 min,so that you get fluffy rice.
2. Add water to the rice in a cooker and cook without the whistle on high. When high pressure starts to come reduce flame to low, put the whistle and cook for 5 min.Turn off the heat.Open the cooker once its cool and fluff the rice using fork.
To make the gravy:
1. In a wok,heat oil add cumin along with spices and fry for a minute.
2. Fry the ginger garlic paste.Then fry onions till translucent. Add masala powders and fry for 1 to 2 mins.Do not burn it.
3. Add the tomatoes and cook it till it turns soft.
4. Then add all the vegetables along with curd and mix well. Add sufficient water & salt to cook the veggies, you should get about 1/4 to 1/2 cup thick gravy after the veggies get cooked.So add water accordingly.
5. The veggies should be cooked 3/4th only. It should not be mushy.
6. when the veggies look cooked turn of the heat after checking the gravy.
1. Now add about 2 tsp of ghee in a pressure cooker. Add 1/2 of the cooked vegetables along with gravy and layer it. Now add the cooked rice on top. Again the gravy and followed by rice.
2. Now sprinkle the ghee after frying nuts and saffron mixed with milk on top of the rice.
3. Close the cooker without weight and heat it on high for a min and on low for 15 to 20 mins.Turn off the heat.Open after 5 mins. Garnish with fried nuts. Serve warm.
|Biryani with less turmeric powder and no saffron.|
Green chilli-2 small
Chaat Masala-a pinch(optional)
Coriander leaves-1 tsp(cut)
Salt to taste
Method Of Preparation:
1. Cut all veggies to small/ medium sized pieces.Add salt,yogurt and water and mix well. Garnish with coriander leaves and chaat masala.
** Add or remove veg according to ur taste.
1. See that the veg gravy added at the bottom has 3/4 of the liquid gravy, so that the dish doesnt burn. Keep it on low, else sure it will burn at the bottom.
2. You can also cook the rice in a separate vessel instead of pressure cooker with required amount of water, till the rice is 3/4 th done.
3. Add or remove veg according to ur interest.
4. Spread 1/2 tsp of garam masala on top, if you wish.
5. Add salt very carefully as it is added in many places.