Soup is perfect choice for these cold windy days...Here is a lovely combination of carrots and orange to warm up..
Baby carrots-3 cups
Orange-1 medium sized
Bay leaves-2 nos
Onion-3 tbsp(small pieces)
Red Chili flakes-1/4 tsp
Salt & pepper to taste
Method of preparation:
1. Pressure cook carrots with water, bay leaves and cloves for one whistle.Let cool
2. Grind to soft texture and then add the water used to cook carrots about 1 cup and set aside.
3. Heat the butter and add the onion, garlic and ginger. Fry till the raw smell goes. See that you don't brown the garlic.
4. Add the carrot puree along with salt and chili flakes and cook till it starts to boil.
5. Reduce heat and add the freshly squeezed orange juice and mix well. Just heat it for a minute or two.
6. Add pepper powder and turn off the heat. stir the yogurt into it and mix well.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves and a dollop of yogurt.Serve with bread.
1. Do not boil after adding orange juice.I used oranges that were sweet and tart.
2. Use yogurt that is not much tart else add less or you will have a very tangy soup.
3. You can cook carrots in any way till it is tender.
4. Use vegetable stock if you have instead of water.
5. While grinding the carrots grind it coarsely so that you have few pieces to bite.