This bread was made a year back just now got the privilege to be here..It is from here..I had prepared this for a party and was enjoyed by everyone..A delicious one with flavors from herbs and cheese...
Active dry yeast- 2 tsp
Luke warm water-1 1/3 cups
Extra-virgin olive oil-2 tbsp
All purpose flour-3 1/2 cups
Red Chilli Flakes-1 tsp
Italian Seasoning-1 tbsp
Parmesan cheese-1/4 cup (grated)
Method of preparation:
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the yeast and water. Let sit 5 minutes until yeast is foamy. Mix in the olive oil, salt, and flour.
2.Mix the flour and then knead the dough on a lightly floured surface until dough is soft and elastic, 7-10 minutes.
3. Transfer dough to a lightly oiled bowl and cover with a kitchen towel.
4. Allow to rise for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until dough is doubled in size.
5. In a small bowl, combine melted butter, Italian seasoning, and minced garlic. Set aside.
6. Punch down the dough. Tear off small pieces of dough, coat in the butter mixture, and place in the bottom of a bundt pan. Repeat this process until you have one layer of dough balls.
7. Sprinkle some of the Parmesan cheese. Continue layering the dough balls and cheese until you have 3 layers.
8. Cover the pan with a clean towel and allow to sit until dough has doubled in size, 20-30 minutes.
9. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until bread is golden brown.Serve hot.
1. Any herb and cheese can be used.
2. I made the above recipe in 2 small bundt pans and about 8 rolls.