Its my first attempt at making cookies and I will be making them again and again....I am sure many of you are very familiar with this one....many of you including Me have seen these beauties and immediately bookmarked them at this space... plateful...and yes I am glad that I did so and finally made them...Infact made them twice and they got over quickly...Thanks Nash for such a easy recipe and ya for tempting me with those beautiful clicks...
Now about the recipe...I have tried them with corn flour once as well as with custard powder and cashew bits and both of them tasted great...Do try them..
All Purpose Flour-1 nd 1/2 cup(sifted)
Corn Flour/corn starch/custard powder- 1/2 cup(sifted)
Unsalted Butter- 250gms
Icing Sugar-1/2 cup(80gms)(sifted)
Vanilla essence-1 tsp
Cashew bits-2 tsp(lightly fried)(optional)
Method Of Preparation:
1. Preheat the oven to 325F. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Beat butter, vanilla and sugar till light and fluffy.Add the flour mixture, cashews(if using) to this and mix. If the mixture is soft and sticky to handle refrigerate it for 30 mins.
3. Dust your hands lightly with flour, take tsp full of dough and roll it round with hands, place it on the baking sheet with space for spreading between them and press it slightly with the back of lightly dusted fork.
4. Bake cookies for 15 min or until lightly golden.Cool for 5 mins on tray and then on rack. Store in airtight tins.
1. The cookies has slight sweetness only...so if you want add bit more sugar or dust it with sugar before serving.
2. I got the cookies baked at 30 mins..but be careful after 15 min..as original recipe calls for that time.Ya time depends on the baking sheet/oven etc etc..A slight golden is the baked color.
3. Fry cashews without oil till light golden if using them.