A simple and quick recipe that shows its face once in a week at my house...A perfect curry for lazy days....with min ingredients....
Toor dal-3/4 cup
Spinach/Palak-1 small bunch(cleaned and roughly cut,about 2 cups)
Green chilli-2 no(slit in the center)
Salt to taste
Shallots-3 to 4 nos(cleaned and cut to small pieces)
Garlic-2 cloves(cut to small pieces)
Coconut/veg oil-2 tsp
Method Of Preparation:
1. Cook the dal in pressure cooker with required amount of water.Once done add turmeric, spinach.green chilli and salt.
2. Cook it till spinach wilts and gets cooked.Then remove from heat.
3. In a wok heat oil and add mustard, when it cracks add shallots and garlic and cook it till it turns brown. Add this to the curry and serve with rice.
1. Cumin can also be used for tempering.I don't use as my hubby doesn't like the taste of it..
2. Do not over cook greens..
3. Dont add too much of water while cooking dal, recipe tastes good when it is slightly thick.