Tuesday, June 5, 2012
Beetroot-1 medium sized(grated)
Sugar-1/4 cup+more if needed
Cardamom-Seeds of 2(crushed)
Method Of Preparation:
1. Heat ghee in a thick bottomed vessel.Fry the cashews in it.Drain and keep aside.
2. Now add the grated beetroot to the ghee and fry it for 3 to 4 mix, stir continuously.
3. Add the milk to this and cook it till the beetroots are cooked.Add more milk if needed.
4. After that add the sugar and mix well.Cook till it becomes shiny and starts to seperate from sides.Turn of the heat when it is little soft as halwa tends to thicken when it cools.
5. Mix the crushed cardamom and cashews and mix well.
1. Add more sugar if needed.
2. Milk can be added more which gives the halwa a lighter color.
3. Do not cook till it becomes dry as they turn hard on cooling. In that case end result may not be halwa.
4. I cooked it just as carrot halwa with less milk.
5. A very tiny bit of cooking camphor can be added at the final cooking stage to give added flavor.