Chakka varatti-1 cup
Coconut milk-2 cups
Water-1/2 to 3/4 cup
Jaggery-2 to 4 blocks(as needed)
Cashew nuts-10 nos
Ghee- 1 tbsp
Method Of Preparation:
1. Heat a thick bottemed vessel and add the chakka varatti to it along with water.Keep stirring so that the varatti mixes with the water and becomes a liquid.
2. Now heat jaggery in a pan with little water to form syrup ,strain and mix it with the chakka varatti.Add 1 cup coconut milk to it along with 1/4 cup water and cook it on medium for 8 to 10 mins.
3. Once cooked,add the remaining 1 cup coconut milk to it and simmer for 5 to 6 mins.Do not boil.Turn off once done.
4. Heat a pan, add ghee and fry the cashews and raisins till golden.Add this to the pradhaman.Serve warm or at room temperature.
1. You can also add chukku podi(dry ginger powder), Ghee fried coconut pieces, and cashews to the pradhaman.in that case 1/4 tsp of chukku powder is added at the last step along with coconut milk and simmered, while rest at the end.
2. Add jaggery if you feel sweetness is needed.Add accordingly.
3. Usually onnam paal(1st pressed coconut milk) and rundam paal(2nd pressed milk) is used.Rundam paal will be extracted with water, so its dilute.Since I used canned coconut milk, I added water to dilute it.
The Kerala Kitchen event hosted by Erivum Puliyum.