Baby Corn-24 to 25 nos
Corn flour-1 tbsp
All purpose flour/Maida-1 tbsp
salt to taste
Red chili powder-1/2 tsp
Soya Sauce-1/2 tsp
Ginger-garlic paste-1/2 tsp
Oil- for frying
Onion-3/4 of small one.
Capsicum-1/2 of medium one.
Soya sauce-1 tsp
Salt to taste
Corn flour-2 tsp
Green chili-1 no(chopped fine)
Onion-1/4 of small one(finely chopped)
Coriander leaves/cilantro for garnish
Method of preparation:
1. Pressure cook the baby corns for two whistles which makes them tender. Drain the water and set aside. chop them to small pieces and mix with all ingredients under to mix except oil.
2. Keep aside for 20 mins.
3. Heat oil in a wok and deep fry the baby corn till crispy and golden colored.Drain and keep aside.
4. Heat little oil in pan. Fry the garlic and onion till the raw smell of garlic goes. Let the onions cook till it is translucent but crisp.
5. Add capsicum to this and cook till it is soft and has a crunch.
6. Then turn the heat to high and add soya sauce to it along with little salt.Mix and heat it for a minute.
7. Mix the corn flour with 1/2 cup water and pour this to the mixture. Cook it for 2 mins till it starts to thicken. Add the fried corn and give it good mix.
8. Turn off the heat when desired thickness is achieved. Garnish with some chopped green chilies, onions and cilantro. Serve warm.
1. Cooking the baby corn makes it tender. Not mushy.
2. You can use any method to cook it. Here I used pressure cooker.
3. Add chili powder to add heat to the recipe. Heat is very less with above quantity.
4. While mixing the corn flour you need not add water as corn will be still wet after cooking and draining. Just mix everything and after mixing if you feel that the ingredients are still dry, add few drops of water.
5. The above mix amount wont make thick coating over the corn. It will just help to add crunch and spices to corn.
6. Adding raw onion and green chili in the garnish is not compulsory. You can add green chili while cooking too.