Tapioca is accepted whole heartily in my family and the recipe was a bit different from my normal ones...We totally enjoyed having a twist to our normal dish..
Dry red chilies-3 nos
Garlic-2 to 3 nos
coconut Oil-1 tbsp
Mustard seeds-1 tsp
Split urad dal-1/2 tsp
Curry leaves- few
Salt to taste
Method of Preparation:
1. Peel tapioca and then roughly cube them to small pieces. Add them to a vessel along with a pinch of turmeric powder and wash thoroughly.
2. Add them to a vessel/ pressure cooker with required amount of water and cook till it is done. If cooking in cooker you will have to get 1 or 2 whistle with heat on medium.Once done drain the water and set aside.
3. Coarsely crush garlic and dry red chilies using a motar and pestle or a mixer.
4. Heat oil and add mustard seeds, when they pop add split urad dal along with curry leaves. Let dal turn golden.
5. Add the ground garlic mixture to this along with turmeric powder and salt.Mix for a second and then add the cooked tapioca and mix well till spices coat.See that the heat is on low or you will burn the spices.
6. Turn off the heat and serve.
1. Change the amount of garlic and chilies according to your taste.
2. If cooking tapioca with turmeric powder then do not add turmeric while mixing it with other ingredients.