When life takes you through a roller coaster you have no time to see to your sides, as you are too busy looking at the ups and downs about to come in front of you....Saying those words I would love to move on with my soup recipe after a break of more than six to seven months.....
This soup is filled with colours, textures and spices and it makes a perfectly filling lunch/dinner.
Celery- 2 sticks(chopped)
Dried Green peas- 3tbsp(cooked)
Onion-1/2 of small one.(chopped)
Garlic-1 or 2 cloves(chopped fine)
Tomato-1 (Chopped to pieces)
Water- 3 to 31/2cups
Oregano- 1 tsp
Olive oil-2 tsp
Chilli flakes-1 tsp
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Method of preparation:
1. Heat oil in a deep vessel and add the chilli flakes and oregano to it. Add ingredients from carrot through garlic into it and then cook covered for 3 to 4 mins.
2. Add tomato pieces into this along with pinch of salt and pepper. Add the tomato puree along with water into it and boil it till ra taste goes for 5 minutes on medium low heat.
3. Once boiled add pasta and cooked green peas into it and continue cooking for 5 more minutes.
4. Season with salt, pepper and parsley. Turn off the heat.Serve warm.
1. Cook pasta according to package instructions till al dente. Add little salt while cooking. Drain and set aside.
2. You can use chick pea instead of green peas.
3. I used the dry green peas and thus cooked it till soft before using.
4. Amount of peas and pasta can be increased or decreased.