Hi friends....Many special days came my way last week...so cudnt spend more than 5 mins on blog....First and foremost it was our 3rd wedding anniversary on 4th....which was a very very lucky day for us....a new member joined our family...A Nikon D3100....:)....I should say that I have got the most loving husband.....Then a small get together and then came Mothers day....My son gave me a cute gift....know what??? He called me Amma...even though he had been calling me earlier my hubby never agreed that he is calling amma...he wud say that he is just crying...but yesterday he agreed....So that made my day...
I had wanted to make a cake with frosting this time...I had never done this before...so finally decided to make Black forest for anniversary.....After searching a lot of places I finally made a cake using many recipes from Internet....The base cake is from sanjeev kapoor's site...and then filling of my own....cake was really good...Learned many lessons while frosting and ya after that too:)...Anyways the cake was successful as the person for whom I made it enjoyed it a lot and was surprised too...:) So here is the recipe...
All purpose Flour/Maida-1/2 cup
Baking Powder-1 tsp
Whipping Cream-2 cup
Chocolate Shavings as needed.
To make sugar syrup, mix water with sugar and cherry and boil for some time. Cool and keep aside. Drain the cherry from syrup and use it for decoration and filling
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F, grease a 8 inch pan.
2. Sift the flour,baking powder,cocoa thrice and keep aside.
3. Beat the egg for sometime,add the sugar and mix till it becomes thick and pale,about 10 to 15 mins.
4. Add the sifted mixture over the egg and fold gently.Transfer the batter to cake pan and bake for 25 to 30 min. or until spongy to touch. Cool in the pan for 5 min and then on the rack.
5. When completely cooled cut horizontally to three pieces or just to half for layers.Take each layer, sprinkle some sugar syrup. Whip the cream till it becomes stiff.
6. Place the bottom piece on a rotating plate or the plate you would be using, apply a layer of whipping cream,and on top of that a few crushed cherries.
7. Place the next layer and do the same thing,finally keep the last layer and apply cream on top and sides,and give a smooth finish to it.
8. Use a piping bag with star nozzle and decorate with curls, place whole cherries on top and some sprinkles and spread the chocolate shavings on cake.Chill and serve.
1. Level the cake before frosting...I dint do that :(.
2. Dust any cake particles too..
3. Add little sugar to whipping cream if needed.