Hope everyone of you are fine and enjoying every moment of your life...Missed you all badly during these days...and I am pretty sure that I wont be able to peep into all of your tempting recipes...yup will surely try..:)
So here is the recipe for payasam....
Cardamom powder- 1/4 tsp
Ghee- 1 tbsp
Method Of Preparation:
1. Heat ghee in a pan and fry the cashews and raisins and keep aside. Fry the vermicelli in the remaining ghee on medium flame till it becomes light brown.Keep on stirring else it will become dark.Once light brown take from heat and keep aside.
If using roasted vermicelli you can skip this process of frying vermicelli.
2. Boil the milk in a big vessel and once boiled reduce the heat and add the vermicelli.Keep stirring while you add it and cook it on medium heat till it gets half cooked.Stir in between.
3. Then add sugar,stir and continue cooking till vermicelli becomes soft and looks cooked, and by now the payasam would be creamy and slightly thick.During this process stir occasionally.Once it starts to look thick and cooked add the cardamom powder, mix well and turn of the heat.
4. Add the fried cashews and raisins and mix.
5. Serve warm or chilled.
1. If using roasted vermicelli, after frying the cashews and raisins keep aside about 1/2 tsp of ghee along with it and mix it at the end to the payasam. Done just to get the flavor of ghee as we are not frying the vermicelli in ghee earlier.
2. While making the payasam if it looks too thick add more milk and heat it. Do not overcook vermicelli.
3. Payasam tend to thicken as it cools, in that case add hot milk to it. Do add sugar to milk while heating, if required.