Wednesday, May 9, 2012
Pomegranate Panna cotta
Panna Cotta...Need I say anything about this silky smooth dessert...Spoon full of creaminess..As everyone knows panna cotta comes from Italy and means cooked cream...Usually the agent used for setting it is Gelatin...But I like to stay away from it....but when I saw this here with agar agar tried it, tested it, tasted it and fell in love with it......Don't believe me...Try it...:)
Method of Preparation:
1. Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to simmer, stir it in between.Do not boil it.
Let cool for 5 min
2. Rinse four bowls under cold water,do not dry and distribute the panna cotta mixture evenly among them.
3. Keep refrigerated until firm, about 3 hrs or overnight.
1. Blend the pomegranate seeds to extract juice or use ready made pom juice.
2. Heat the pom juice with sugar on low flame.
3. Add the corn starch mixed with water to thicken the pom juice.
4. Once little thick turn off the heat and allow to cool.
5. Now pour/drizzle this on top of the panna cotta and serve.
1. I have used some pom seeds and few cashew bits on top of sauce. Add according to your wish..It just adds to the taste..