Thursday, May 24, 2012
Method of Preparation:
1. Soak rice in water for half an hour.Drain and keep aside.
2. Crush the saffron strands and soak it in milk. Soak the dried cranberries in warm water for 30 mins so that it softens.
3. Meantime heat oil in pressure cooker and add the cinnamon stick and cardamon seeds(crushed).
4. After few seconds add the onion, garlic and fry till it turns light brown.
5. Add the pepper powder and turmeric to this and mix well.After few seconds add the saffron mixture to it and mix well.
6. Then add the drained rice and fry it in the mixture for 2 to 3 mins.See that rice doesnt stick at the bottom.Keep stirring.
7. Add the water along with salt and mix well.Close the lid of pressure cooker without weight and cook on high till heavy pressure starts coming out from it.
8. Then reduce the heat to low and place the pressure cooker weight and cook for 5 to 10 mins.See that it doesnt whistle.
9. Turn off the heat and once pressure goes open the lid and fluff the rice with fork.
10.Add the cranberries and mix well.
11.Serve with side of your choice.I made cauliflower fry to go with it..
1. You can add the cranberries with the turmeric powder while frying and cook it with rice. In that case do not soak it in water.
2. Cranberries can be replaced with raisins too and can also be left out, even then rice tastes yum.