Rava/Semolina- 1 cup
Grated fresh coconut-1/2 cup
Cardamom seeds- from 2 pods
Method of Preparation:
1. Pulse the grated coconut twice to break it into small bits.
2. Fry the cashew and raisins in ghee and set aside.
3. Heat rava in a pan on medium low heat. Do stir the rava to avoid from burning.Once it turns light golden and nice aroma is filled in room turn of the heat.
4. Now mix all ingredients with rava along with slightly crushed cardamom and ghee.Take little mixture in hand and apply force with hand and roll it to lemon sized/smaller balls.
5. Set aside on plate. Continue the process for the whole mixture.Serve immediately or keep in a airtight jar. Stays well for 2 to 3 days since coconut is used.
1. If you find it difficult to roll add little more ghee to the mixture.
2. You can also use little milk to roll it. In that case shelf life will be small.
3. Adding coconut decreases the shelf life.
4. You can avopid coconut on the whole and make ladoo with rava, ghee and nuts too.
5. Add sugar according to your preference. The amount here is for medium sweetness.
6. I used fine rava and super fine sugar. If using thicker version after roasting give the rava a quick pulse to make it fine.
7. Same with sugar. Pulse it if its big crystals.
8. Making it round with just ghee is a bit tough.You need to apply force(not too much) to set it.
9. Addition of ghee can be done to make round balls.