Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Ricotta cheese peda/sweet

Hi There..Hope everyone is good and had an excellent week..with the fall colors over here and the constant fight between sun and wind I too enjoyed my weekend.
Last week was a tough time for me... I had my dental visits as result of slight tooth ache.. and to my horror the doctor was behind my wisdom teeth..After a long talk the doctor told me to come for the wisdom  teeth extraction...My hubby dear...being very kind to me took the nearest extraction date...I tried all the tricks to keep teeth in position and to avoid any injections...but those failed :(..My main prob was injection...not the tooth extraction..;),...ya true...I fear injections at this age too...Anyways reached back that day...checked with everyone about the pain of teeth extraction and everyone lied to me saying it takes just a min after injection...which I came to know later.

Anyways I went on the appointed date and as always pulled my hubby to the extraction room to wait there till the injection was given to me..Oh my... I think the doctors should change the syring size...My doc came with a huge syring...like something that is used on cow...seeing that itself my BP increased...anyway I can't cry like a kid...so closed my eyes with mouth wide open and he gave me a prick...Thats over..He left me for 15 mins...Now I was brave...so asked my hubby to go...My biggest mistake :(

After 15 min the doc came..he asked me if I felt the lip as thick...I told ya....but..I can feel the teeth and gum....doc said  hmmm...
Now he came with another syring...a bit smaller than the earlier one..Oh no...I regretted for sending my hubby back...anyways he pricked and started his work...Now I was waiting for the 1 min when he would remove my teeth...He started off with a hammer kind of stuff..hit my teeth...off and on...went on trying all his tools with all his energy for approx 3 min to 5 min....Each time he pulls...I was expecting my teeth in his hands...but no :(..and to make matters worst he was saying everything he was doing...which slowly died off..
After some time..the doc felt that the tools he brought was not sufficient to remove my teeth...so he ordered the assistant tro get something...He explained me that there will be a loud sound...I just felt to run from that place...Anyways he put that new tool into my mouth and drilled..or I felt so...What would ul expect after that...theeth came out...isnt it...I did that..
But you should never expect.. He after drilling for some tim,e..kept that tool and started using his previous stuffs again...Again the process of pull ..push..... went for 3 min approx and finally...ufff...he got my teeth...Noooo thats not the end..
He went and brought another injection...and gave that...Now I had lost all hopes of getting up from that chair..so I was sitting there waiting for next stuff..when the assistant told...You are good to go...

Now I was so happy to come out and meet my hubby to say a big thanks to him for showing me this very beautiful day...that I left the medical prescription..ya which they brought and gave...
Now before I could reach home it started paining...and you know what...now the medicines are over and today when I type this also my pain is there...intact...So sceduled a visit today...:( I wished badly that I never meet him again...but no luck..

This is how my last two/one and half week was...

Now to the recipe...I always try to participate in some contest that is hosted by my friends...but always I end up unsuccessful...I cook the recipe but dont blog about it and by the time I blog the same place will have another contest...This has been happening for a long time....hopping to change that atleast this time...
Made this peda/sweet  with ricotta cheese...which is very delicious...do give a try




Ricotta cheese-15oz
Ghee- 1 tbsp
Sugar-3/4 cup
Milk Powder-3/4 cup
Cardamom powder-1/2 tsp
Almonds to garnish



















Method Of Preparartion:
1. Heat a thick bottemed pan and add ghee to it and then add ricotta cheese.
2. When the water starts to evaporate add milk powder and sugar and keep on stirring till it starts to seperate from sides of pan, add cardamom powder to it and mix well.
3. When the mixture forms a lump turn off the heat.
4. Allow it to cool for some time and when it can be handled by hands grease your hands with little ghee, take small amount of mixture and roll to round or oval. Place an almond and press slightly.Peda is ready.



Sending this to:
Serve it festival potluck by  Krithi & Denny

Diwali special sweet n savories by Radhika
Diwali Sweet Recipes by Sameena Prathap
My Diwali My Way by Khusi

Diwali- Festival of Lights by Anu

60 comments:

  1. ohh...no..dear...i feel so sad for you....toothache are the one which is unbearable...h u manage the pain along with managing your kid n other works...its so tough days for you rt? take care
    btw the cheese peda looks so delicious n came out really good...so tempting clicks yaar !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peda looks yummmm..but your experience with the dentist is very scary! Hope you are fine now.Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos to you Reshmi........despite all the pain you came up with such a wonderful recipe.....Thanks for sharing & hope you feel better soon...............

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, that really looks easy and looks how finished, I mean a finesse product.

    ReplyDelete
  5. they look yum, awesome presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super tempting pedas..I too prepared burfi with Ricotta cheese,came out well!!
    Lovely reading through your doctor's visit n your happy experiences :-))..Get well soon ,dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delicious and yumm Ricotta Cheese Peda Dear.Well-presented Click as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. they look very cute...I make this often and is on my list for Diwali! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute peda !! looks very tempting !!

    Ongoing event CC-What's For Friday Dinner

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can relate to your story. Ten years back I had my wisdom tooth removed and went through almost the same story.I think you have a condition called dry socket which needs immediate attention. The treatment part for this is not painful so don't hesitate to go to the dentist.You will probably given a periopacking, antibiotics and pain killer.I hope your painful days are over soon.By the way cheese peda looks excallent.

    ReplyDelete
  11. delicious looking sweet looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ricotta cheese peda looks delicious. hope your tooth ache is better now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi radhika, its funny how you explained your phobia on dental injections. also funny when you explained how you miss those contests. but your cakes are not funny, they are lovely, look so soft and delicious.. yay yay

    ReplyDelete
  14. I couldn't help grinning while reading through your account of the dental visit lol. I too have the fear of the needles. I just look elsewhere or close my eyes during the act :) The peda looks yummy and so inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks heavenly...!!!!!! And praying for ur speedy recovery from that stinky pain...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ricotta Cheese Prda luks yumm and can feel the texture of the peda from the click.Luvly recipe dear.Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice looking pedas. Sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow aboultely delicious cheese peda...tempting dear..

    ReplyDelete
  19. hi reshmi,i do enjoy reading your post. have'nt heard from your for quite a while.
    hope you are doing fine and busy cooking up new recipes :) have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  20. what a nice idea!! Loved it...why dnt u send it to the event:
    Event :My Diwali My Way

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks so delicious...yummy looking

    ReplyDelete
  22. hi reshmi,i do enjoy reading your post. great ricotta cheese. have'nt heard from you for quite a while.
    hope you are doing fine and busy cooking up new recipes :) have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  23. me too very scary abt injections,infacet during my delivery much more than the pain i scared of the injections.
    Delicious sweet and perfect shapes too. nicely presented

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sorry to hear that you had a rough week. Toothache is really a very painful thing, hope you're feeling better now. Your pedas look so good, wonderful clicks!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for visiting my space and leaving comment.First time here and its lovely space.l m a big fan of peda and was thinking to make this for diwali,peda with ricotta cheese sounds yumm...will be following u .

    ReplyDelete
  26. hi reshmi, i posted comment earlier, it said done, but i am doubtful, cos too fast.
    just let you know that i enjoy reading your dental needles phobia :) and your ricotta cheese peda looks delicious too.

    ReplyDelete
  27. So sorry about your unpleasant experience due to toothache but it's over now! Looks fabulous and you've captured them beautifully....

    ReplyDelete
  28. Super tempting,irresistible pedas,feel like gobbing some..

    ReplyDelete
  29. Looks so yummy and perfect. Nicely done dear.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for linking this lovely peda... I can completely empathize ur dentist visit.. been there recently :( So horrible isnt it..
    Krithi's Kitchen
    Event: Serve It - Festival Potluck

    ReplyDelete
  31. Delicious sweet,looks so inviting and tempting recipe.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Was wondering where you had disappeared..Glad u r back!!and yup...a visit to the dentist can be a real pain..I discovered that quite recently :) These pedas are so soft & yummy..
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    ReplyDelete
  33. wow looks so yummy clicks looks so superbbb

    ReplyDelete
  34. it was great n funny to read abt ur dental appointment...i hate going to dentists though not scared of injections, but sitting for hours with mouth wide open is so sad !!

    the pedas look so yum and i fell like grabbing all of them from the pics..:)

    ReplyDelete
  35. ha ha...I just loved your story...Me being a dentist was relating to it...Lovely looking pedas...

    ReplyDelete
  36. Delicious n yummy pedas.. Lovely!! I too used ricotta cheese in making burgh, came out well!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Sweet looks fabulous, yummy and mouth watering. Very beautiful presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Interesting fiasco at the dentist.. guess most of us could relate to that

    ReplyDelete
  39. Looks just perfect .....so tempting ..nice pics

    ReplyDelete
  40. Such a perfect presentation - I am really drooling here!
    LOVE LOVE LOVE this post, Reshmi - superlative yum!
    tooth ache is 2nd highest when you measure the doles of pain, first being child birth!! Hope you feel better
    hugs, priya

    ReplyDelete
  41. oh! that was very bad dear... Somehow you got done with everything. It alwys scary with all dentists. BTW, you entry with sweet is awesome.

    Cheers,
    uma
    My Kitchen Experiments

    ReplyDelete
  42. Looks so very scrumptious,hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Mouthwatering peda.......Very nice clicks. I am drooling here.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Experiencing dental horror must be quite painful...It scares me...BTW, the sweet is incredibly lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  45. wish to be your neighbour...u r amazingly talented..love ur cliks..;)
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  46. Hope you feel better now, Reshmi. The peda looks yum!

    ReplyDelete
  47. wowww...peda looks so perfect and tempting...my eyes are just glued to your pics...I really wish I could go inside the computer screen and grab those pedas..:)

    ReplyDelete
  48. my all time fav sweet..looks perfect nd cute.

    ReplyDelete
  49. those are looking really tempting

    ReplyDelete
  50. Wow.. Yummy peda's.. I'm bookmarking them for diwali dear..

    ReplyDelete
  51. Hi Reshmi, these pedas are absolutely gorgeous! first time here....u have a nice collection of recipes

    ReplyDelete
  52. Hi
    can I use non dairy creamer instead of milk powder

    ReplyDelete
  53. Hi
    can I use non dairy creamer instead of milk powder

    ReplyDelete
  54. Hi Maya,
    I have never tried with non diary creamer powder..I think it tastes different from milk..may be there will be a taste difference...Not sure..If trying it do let me know the end result..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time to vist my small world of cooking. Your comments are my inspiration. Criticism and suggestions are always welcome. Happy cooking!

ShareThisFinal

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...