All Purpose Flour/Maida-3 3/4 Cup
Active Dry Yeast-21/4 tsp
Unsalted Butter-2 tbsp(melted and cooled)
Salt-1 1/2 tsp
Method Of Preparation:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Heat the milk,water ,honey till luke warm(115 deg to 120 deg)/if using microwave heat for 40 to 45 sec.To this add cooled butter and yeast and keep for 5 to 10 mins for yeast to get active.
3. Mix the APF and salt in another bowl.
4. Add the yeast mixture to APF mixture and knead well to form a stiff dough that is soft and elastic,not sticky.Shape to a ball.
5. Place it in a lightly greased bowl and coat with oil all over.Cover and let rise in warm place till it doubles.Took about 1 hour for me.
6. Punch down the dough, shape the dough into a rectangle about 1 inch thick.The length and width should be approx the size of your loaf pan. I used 9X 5 inch pan.Form the rectangle to a loaf by rolling the dough from narrow edge(length).Seal with finger tips as you roll with the seam at the bottom.
7. Place the loaf with seam side down in the greased loaf pan.The ends should fit properly.Brush surface with butter, cover the pan with kitchen towel and put in a warm place to rise again until it comes just above the rims of pan. It took 45 min again.
8. Bake the bread for 40 to 45 mins or till the crust is well browned.Test by tapping the top with your finger. A hollow sound means the loaf is properly baked.
9. When bread is baked remove it from loaf pan and cool completely before slicing.
1. If top browns fast cover loosely with foil for the last 15 mins of baking.
2. Baking time depends on your oven.
3. Rising time depends on the place you stay.