The climate over here is changing rapidly...The trees that where having atleast few leaves have become bare with just 2 to 3 leaves clinging to it...The wind which was so smooth that used to embrace face with it sweetness has become wild with anger....that its carrying everthing with it... The sun who used to be awake before anyone on earth is so lazy that it wakes up after hours of its committed time.... so late...But that doesnt mean that it goes late....Its very early to bed too...By around 4.30pm its under the blanket with just a bit showing of...and by 5 its almost asleep...And seeing all these the sensitive clouds who cant bear it starts to cry....Seeing them crying others join and cries become louder and stronger...:)
That is what was happening usually....but something went wrong yesterday with the clouds....instead of crying they became happy and covered the mother nature with a white blanket...Everywhere it was white beauty...But soon it was taken back...and everything is now as usual...
Now with all these things happening around...I just feel to hug my teddy(read as son) and sit without doing anything.....But my teddy, who has just recovered from fever, on the other hand wants to go out and play in the snow....walk around...Now he is not as lazy as Mummy..:)
Got some time today as kiddo slept for few minutes in the morning...Clicked a few pics...
Coming to the recipe...A simple curry...Nothing more..
Cherupayar/green gram-1 cup
Shallots/cheriya ulli-1 cup(Cleaned, You can use pearl onions too)
Red chilli powder-1 tsp
Salt to taste
Coconut oil-1 tsp
Dry red chilli-2 no
Method Of preparation:
1. Grind the coconut to smooth paste and keep aside.
2. Cook the green gram till it is 3/4 done. I cook it in pressure cooker with required water for 4 to 5 whistles on low.
3. Now add the cleaned shallots along with turmeric, salt and chilli powder. Continue cooking till shallots are done.
4. Now add the grinded coconut to this and boil it for 4 to 5 min on medium.Once boiled add the curry leaves and take from gas top.
5. In a wok heat the coconut oil and sputter the mustard and red chilli. Add this to the curry. Serve with rice.
1. You can soak the green gram previous night and cook next day.Then you need not cook so long.
2. Coconut milk can be used instead of grated coconut.
3. Add water according to requirement. We enjoyed it a bit thick.