No babbling today...on to the topic....These cookies are known as Suji cookies...They are so soft just like Melting Moments..difference being it uses ghee...Now as the name says it doesnt have any relation with suji/rawa. Its a famous cookie in Malaysia...
This recipe is from My Cookingdom by Kavis. Loved baking them.
All purpose Flour-250 gms
Baking Powder-1 tsp
Baking Soda-1 tsp
Icing Sugar-125 gm
Roasted Ground Almond-100 gm
Ghee- 200 gm
Vanilla essence-1/2 tsp
Food color-Green, Yellow ,Pink
Caster Sugar for coating
Method Of Preparation:
1. Sift APF, BP and BS.
2. Mix gently all the other ingredients to it except the color to form a soft dough.Set aside for 20 min. or more.
3. Now divide the dough to 3 equal parts.Add the required food color to each part and knead well.
4. Pinch small sized dough approx 3gm. from each color and form balls seperately.Join the three colored balls to a marble shaped ball.Place them on the baking tray. continue the process, and then bake at 300 F for 15 to 20 min.Remove and cool on rack.
5. Let the cookies cool completely then coat them with caster sugar.
1. Use skin less Almonds to grind.
2. Use about 90 t0 100 gms sugar. As these are coated in sugar it makes them very sweet with the original amount.