Wednesday, February 15, 2012
Fiery Shallot curry/Mullagitta ulli curry
Shallots-1/4 cup(cleaned and cut to 1/2)
Red chilli powder-1tsp
Salt to taste
Tamarind pulp-1/4 tsp
Tomato-1 big(cut lengthwise)
Curry leaves-2 sprig
Coconut oil-1 tsp
Method Of Preparation:
1. Heat a wok on low and add the chilli and turmeric powder, mix for few seconds and then add the tomato slice with salt. Mix well and cook it till tomato turns mushy.
2. Then add the tamarind pulp along with 1/2 cup water and boil it for few mins (appro. 5 mins)till raw smell and taste of tamarind goes.
3. Then add the cut shallots and cook it for 2 mins.Add the curry leaves and cook for 2 more mins.Turn off the heat and drizzle the coconut oil.
4. Serve the spicy delicious curry with rice.
1.Shallots should not be overcooked.
2. Tamarind pulp can be replaced with one more tomato, but see that the tomato is sour.
3. Add chili powder according to spice tolerance level.
4. Coconut oil should never be avoided and same applies to cooking curry leaves for a minute or two, as these add lot of flavor.