Sources: Rose Levy Beranbaum, Collaborative Curry, Magpies Recipes
All Purpose Flour-2 cups(sieved)
Baking Powder-11/2 tsp
Super fine Sugar- 1 cup+1 tbsp
Vanilla Extract-11/2 tsp
Method Of Preparation:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F if using dark colored tube pan else 375 F(source Beranbaum).Grease the pan and keep aside.2. Mix APF,BP, salt and whisk.
3. Mix egg and vanilla extract lightly in another bowl with a spoon/fork and keep aside.
4. Whip the heavy cream till peak forms. Now add the egg mixture slowly to it and
mix on medium speed.
5. Add sugar and mix.
6. Now fold half of the flour mixture into it and whisk until everything is mixed well.
7. Add the remaining flour and mix until no traces of flour is found.
8. Pour this to the baking pan and run a knife to remove the air bubbles.See that knife doesn't touch bottom of pan.
9. Bake it for 25 to 30 min or until toothpick inserted in center comes clean.
10. Cool cake for 10 mins in the pan and then on greased wire rack and then serve.
1. Original recipe used 21/4 cup cake flour,which can be replaced with 2 cups APF, which is what I did.
2. Rose says not to chill the bowl in which the cream is whipped as mixing the egg mixture would be real difficult in that case.She also says that to get finer crumbs use a high butterfat heavy cream.
3. I halved the recipe and used 2 small bundt pan and 3 cupcake cups.
Sending this to Dish for Loved Ones at Srav's Culinary Concepts and Sweet Luv at Zesty Palette