Monday, July 30, 2012
Chickpea-1 cup(Boiled and drained)
Red Onion-1 small(Chopped fine)
Grape/Cherry tomatoes-4 to 5(Chopped to small pieces)
Green Chilies-2 no(Chopped fine)
Coriander leaves-2 tbsp(chopped fine)
Salt to taste
Black pepper-2 tsp(Crushed coarsely)
Orange-1/2 of large one(Juiced)
Lemon Juice-2 tsp
Olive oil-1 tsp
Method of Preparation:
1. Wash and cook the chickpea with enough water till it is tender.Drain the excess water and keep aside to cool.
2. Juice the orange and mix with lemon and olive oil and keep aside.
3. Add all the chopped veggies to cooled chickpea and mix well with the orange dressing along with required salt and pepper.Serve.
1. Cut veggies and prepare dressing when it is time to eat them.They are best when its fresh.
2. I used dried chickpea, cooked in a pressure cooker for up to 6 whistles on medium. You can soak the chickpea overnight and then the cooking time will be less. If using canned ones drain and wash them.