The simple and effective drink for summer.Spiced buttermilk is a famous drink during the summer seasons in Kerala. Earlier days sambharam was the first drink offered to guests who visited during summer seasons in order to cool their body and to refresh them.Even now people prefer them over other drinks.Slightly tangy, bit hot by chilies and ginger and flavorful with curry leaves they still are my all time faves during summer and not to mention the easiness to put together...
Water- 2 to 3 cup
Curry leaves-5 to 8 leaves
Green chilies- 2 no
Ginger- 1/2 inch piece
Salt to taste
Method of Preparation:
1. Blend the yogurt with little water and mix with salt and remaining water to form thin liquid.
2. Chop all other things and crush them using a motor and pestle(or hand/ pulse in a blender).
3. Add the crushed ingredients to the yogurt and mix well and keep aside for 5 mins for flavors to infuse.
4. Chill and drink.
1. Mint, coriander, small piece of onion, Lime leaves, cumin a pinch can be added to flavor this.
2. You can add yogurt and water in a jar with a tight lid and shake vigorously to mix them instead of using a blender.