Tuesday, December 28, 2010
Ripe banana-2 nos
Grated coconut-1/2 cup
Raisins-8 to 10 nos
Cashew nuts-8 to 10 nos.
Oil to fry.
1.Cut the banana to 2 to 3 pieces. Steam the banana. Cool it. Mash it to smooth paste without water. Remove the black thread from between.Keep aside
2. In a pan heat ghee. Add raisins, cashews and fry it for some time. Keep it aside.
3. Add sugar to the remaining ghee along with cardamom and grated coconut. Wait till the sugar melts.See that coconut does not get brown.
4. Remove from heat, mix the nuts and let it cool.
5. Apply ghee on your palms.Take the mashed banana and make round balls.
6. Flatten it between hands.
7. Put little of the grated coconut mixture along with raisins and cashew nuts.
8. Now roll it in your hands and shape it like cotton buds (both ends pointed).
9. Heat oil in a wok.
10. Deep-fry these to a golden brown color.
11.Remove from heat and serve.