Masoor Dal-1/2 cup
Water-1 1/2 cup
Chilly powder-1/2 tspn
Salt as per taste
cumin seeds a pinch
mustard a pinch
dry red chilly 2 nos
curry leaves litle
onion little-finely chopped
oil for statuting
Method Of Preparation:
1. Pressure cook the dal with water for three whistles or cook until soft.
2. Add Chilly powder,turmeric, salt and boil for two minutes.
3. In a wok/pan add little oil and statute cumin seed, mustard, dry red chilly and curry leaves.
4. Then add onion,ginger-garlic paste to this and wait until onion turns light brown.
5. Add the dal mixture to this and heat for few minutes.
6. Garnish with coriander leaves.
This dal can be used with rice or chappati.