Monday, February 6, 2012
Soya Chunk Pulao
Soya chunks-1 cup
Chilli pwd-1 tsp
Garam masala-1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste-1 tbsp
salt to taste
Coriander powder-1 tsp
Rice-1 1/2 cup
Coconut milk-2 tbsp
Cardamom seeds-1/4 tsp
Biryani masala-2 tsp
Salt to taste
Lemon juice-1 tsp
Method Of Preparation:
1. Wash the rice and soak it in water for 30 mins.
2. Soak the soya chunks in boiling water for 25 min.Wash and squeeze the water and keep aside.
3. Fry this soya chunks in ghee for about 3 mins on medium flame.Now Remove and keep aside.
4. Pour the oil in same wok and fry the onions till translucent.
5. Add the Spice powders and fry till raw smell goes,Mix soya chunks with little salt and cook open with 1/4 cup coconut milk and curd till soft and the mixture becomes dry.
6. Now heat little ghee in cooker and add cloves,cardamom,bay leaves, cinnamon fry for a minute.
Then add the rice, turmeric powder,biryani masala and fry for few mins.
7. Now add the soya chunk mixture and mix well. Throw in the mint and coriander leaves, salt, and mix well.
8. Add 2 tbsp coconut milk and water to the rice, mix and check for salt.
9. Keep the stove on high and put the cooker lid.when high pressure starts to come, reduce flame to low, put the weight and cook for 5 mins.
10. Turn of the heat and once the pressure goes fluff the rice using a fork and transfer it to another vessel.
11. Drizzle the lemon juice on top of rice and mix.
12. Serve with raita.