Digestive biscuits/any plain sweet biscuits-11/2 cups(160 gms, crushed)
Butter-1/2 cup(100 gms, chopped)
Fine sugar/powdered sugar-1 cup(160gms, add more if needed)
Thick full fat yogurt-3 cups(800gms)
Paneer Cheese-2 cups(400gms)
Agar Agar/china grass-15 gms
Mangoes-2 nos/1 cup(peeled, chopped, pureed)
Pure Vanilla Extract-1 tsp
For Mango Glaze:
Mango-1 nos/1/2 cup(peeled, chopped, pureed)
Lime Juice-1 tbsp
Method of preparation:
Preparing thick yogurt:
1. Place the yogurt in a cheesecloth and let drain to a colander overnight. The quantity will reduce to half (400 gms or 11/2 cup)next day.
1. Place the biscuits in a zip lock bag and crush it to powder using a rolling pin.
2. Add this powder and the cubed butter into the food processor and process till the mixture is well mixed.
3. Remove the mixture and press it on to a 8"/9" springform pan.
4. Chill in freezer for 15 minutes or in refrigerator for half an hour.
1. Break and soak the china grass in 11/2 cup water for 10 minutes until it becomes soft.
2. In a food processor blend the paneer and thick yogurt to smooth and creamy mixture. Transfer to a bowl.
3. Heat mango puree in a saucepan over medium heat. Do not allow it to boil.
4. In another pan, place the china grass and water mixture and stir on low heat until it melts completely, about 5 to 6 minutes. Do not allow this to boil.
5. Once the china grass melts completely, pour the hot china grass mixture into hot mango puree, stirring all the while.
6. Slowly add mango mixture into yogurt and cheese mixture, stir in the sugar and vanilla extract and beat well with a wire whisk until well blended.
7. Pour this mixture over the prepared crust, level with a spoon and chill in refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours.
For mango glaze:
1. Place all ingredients for glaze in a pan and cook over medium heat.
2. When it begins to boil, reduce heat and cook for 3 to 4 minutes more. Let it cool to room temperature.
3. Spread it on cheesecake with spoon.
4. Allow the glaze to set over the cheesecake for 2 to 3 hours or more before slicing it.
1. You can use cottage cheese instead of paneer. In that case let the water drain completely before using. The cheese should be dry to get a perfectly set cheesecake.
2. Blend the paneer to puree here.
3. China grass should be completely melted to set properly. Do it on low heat.
4. Break the strands of china grass to small pieces before soaking it.
5. While mixing the china grass mixture let both the liquids used to mix be hot, so that it sets properly.
6. If china grass sets before u mix to another mixture, then reheat till it melts completely.
7. The sugar mentioned here is just sweet. If you have a sweet tooth then add about 1/4 to half cup more. Applies if your mangoes are sour too. Taste the mixture to check it before setting.
8. You can use the mixer to powder the biscuits too.
9. You can make the cheesecake as individual servings too.
10. I have used graham crackers for the base.
11. I used 9" springform pan.