Sugar syrup of rasgullas-3/4 cup
Milk-2 1/2 cup
Milk maid/condensed milk-2 tbsp(optional)
Saffron- a pinch mixed with warm milk.
cardamom seeds-1/4 tsp(crushed)
Nuts for garnish(I used pistas)
Method of Preparation:
1. Squeeze the liquid out of rasgulla and flatten it a bit while squeezing. Set aside.
2. Boil milk with condensed milk(if using) and cook it till it turns thick and to half. Then add sugar syrup and cook for some more time say about 15 minutes.
3. Add the nuts, saffron,cardamom and cook for few more minutes.
4. Add the flattened rasgullas to it and cook for 5 more minutes on low so that it absorbs the milk mixture.
5. Turn off the heat and chill the mixture and serve with additional nuts.
1. You can increase the amount of condensed milk and reduce the sugar syrup. This helps the milk to thicken fast and reduces the cooking time.