As for me..I was at home this weekend taking so called rest..Yes..my hubby was kind enough to give me some rest and take care of the kid...eventually(and obviously) ended up taking care of papa, son and house..:)An advantage was I dint cook...
Ok now why I am missing from blogging....As I said my son completed 1 year, he has become more interactive and I am totally enjoying moving around with him but with all these his mischief too has got doubled...I now always think the wordings 'boys are boys' and manage myself....His small pranks ..as told by his grandparents are..Climbing the sofa and trying to bend down from there..Throwing things out of the balcony...Turning the gas buttons..playing with food and drinks..All these are extras, along with his all time mischief like working as an engineer, electrician , plumber still exists...:) So you all can imagine my situation...I am literally flying behind him..with cooking while he is asleep...which is just 30 min...:(
More over when ever I sit in front of system...his toys come flying on the keyboard and monitor...as they are on the table and he cant touch them...If after that mama doesn't get up from chair then he uses his weapons...teeth to bite the areas he can access..:) So finally mama goes with him...seeing mama sitting simply he comes to me and gives me one of his toys and then resumes his play...so until papa comes mama is busy playing with him without even allowed to get up from the place where he has placed me...ya toys are changed by him frequently, seeing that mama is not bored with same toy..:)..So even though I am cooking regularly I am not able to write it and post...as I am not allowed to sit in front of system/read books for more than 5 mins..so I am not visiting your space regularly...sorry that's the only thing that I can say...Infact if time could be borrowed I would definitely do that to manage the stuffs...One more request...all moms there...do suggest me some methods to reduce kids dangerous pranks...like sofa climbing :). Now to the recipe..
Rasagulla is a sweet which I never liked when I ate it first time, Rubbery texture...and extreme sweetness..I was sure that this was not for me...Then after years I met my man....A lunch in the hotel...a dessert....I was all set to tell gulab jammun and the man next to me...'2 cups of rasgulla' to the waiter and turning towards me with a smile..."Thats my all time fav sweet..." he he he...I smiled thinking the law.."Unlike poles attract":)...Yes now my likes and dislikes have all changed to an extend...and I had tried this out many times at home using pressure cooker..with ok results...This time I tried using a vessel with lid and that was really good...many bloggers have done this and after searching long time..went with this process and am glad that I did.So here is the recipe..
Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
Water-1 1/2 cups
Method Of Preparation:
1. Heat milk in a pan and bring it to boil, then add lemon juice and stir properly till milk curdles completely.
2. Take a muslin cloth and pour the curdled milk,collect the paneer by squeezing any whey water from it.
3. Wash the collected paneer properly under cold water to remove the lemon flavor from it. Squeeze the maximum amount of water from it.
4. The paneer will be crumbly in texture. Knead it well for sometime to form a smooth dough. From that dough make small balls(I made cherry sized balls) and keep aside.
5. Heat water in a wide vessel,add sugar and cardamom pods,let sugar dissolve and then bring it to boil. Then add the balls slowly and simmer it for 3 mins. Then cook it on medium heat for 10min with a lid on vessel.After 10mins see if the balls have doubled in size.If yes its done, else place the lid back and continue cooking for some more time.(For me it got doubled in 10 mins).
6. Cool it and serve.