A quick and simple recipe which goes well as a side with rotis and dosas...
Potato-2 big(boiled, cut to cubes)
Onion-1 medium(chopped to small pieces)
Green chillies-2 no(slit lengthwise)
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Urud dal/ Black gram-1 tsp
Method Of Preparation:
1. Heat oil in a wok.Add the mustard once it sputters add urud dal and turn golden.
2. Add onion to it along with ginger, curry leaves and green chilly. Fry them till onion turns slight pink,onion should not be over cooked.Then add the turmeric,salt and mix for a minute.
3. Add the cubed potatoes along with 2 to 3 tbsp of water.Mash a few of the cubed potatoes.Mix well and turn off the heat.
4. Serve with chapathi or as a filling for masala dosa.
1. If you want a bit watery curry add little more water.
2. You can add carrot, green peas to this curry.