Drumstick leaves/Muringa ila-5 cup
Onion-1/2 piece(cut to small pieces)
Turmeric powder a pinch.
Green chilli-1 no(minced)
Grated coconut-1/4 cup
Coconut oil-2 to 3 tsp
Salt to taste
Method Of Preparation:
1. Clean the leaves, separate it from thick stem, small stem is fine to eat. wash, drain and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a wok.Fry the onions till it turns light brown.
3. Add the washed leaves,turmeric and mix well along with salt.
4. Cook it closed on low till the leaves are half cooked. Then add the garlic and mix well and cook completely.
5. Mix the coconut and green chilly nicely and keep aside.
6. Once leaf is cooked add the coconut mixture and mix well. Turn off the heat after a minute. Serve with rice.
1. Do not add water and cook leaf, water will be generated by leaf when cooked on low.
2. Garlic can be added by crushing it too.Also you can fry the garlic along with onion instead of adding it in between.
3. Do not overcook the leaf.It gets a bitter taste.
4. Adding turmeric is not compulsory.