Horse gram/ muthira-1 cup
Water to cook -approx. 3 to 4 cups
salt to taste
Dry Red Chilli- 2 no
Coconut oil-1 tbsp
Curry leaves-few leaves
Onion-1/4 piece(cut to bits)
Method Of Preparation:
1. Pressure cook the horse gram with water, salt,turmeric.The horse gram should be cooked,but not mushy. It takes 3 to 4 whistles on low flame.
2. Heat oil in a wok, splutter the mustard, fry dry red chilly. Then add the onion and fry it till light brown.
Add curry leaves and cooked horse gram to it.
3. Mix well and let the water evaporate to get a dry stir fry. While adding the horse gram if it looks over cooked then do not add the water thats along with it.
1. You can add grated coconut to this stir fry. In that case, at the final stage add the grated coconut and mix well.
2. While adding the coconut mix it well using your hand along with few curry leaves. That gives a nice flavor.