Soya chunks-1 cup
Onion-1 small(chopped to small pieces)
Green chili-2 nos
Tomato-1 medium(chopped to small pieces)
Chili powder- 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder-1 tbsp approx.
Salt to taste
Meat Masala-1/2 tsp
Coconut milk-1/4 cup
Coriander leaves for garnish.(finely chopped)
Method of preparation:
1. Boil some water in a pan and add the soya chunks into it. Once they swell completely, turn off the heat and drain the water.
2. Squeeze maximum amount of water from the soya chunks by pressing it. Set aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan and add the crushed garlic. Fry for a second and add the onion into it.
4. Fry till onions turn translucent and light golden. Add green chili and mix well.
5. Add the tomatoes into it and mix well. Wait till tomatoes turn slightly mushy and then add the chili,coriander,meat masala,turmeric powders into it and mix.
6. After few seconds, add the soya chunks and mix.
7. Then add about 2 cups of water,salt and cook on medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes, increase heat to medium and cook for 3 minutes..
8. Then add the coconut milk and cook on low till it simmers and starts to boil. You can boil it for a minute and then turn off the heat.
9.Add coriander leaves and serve with rice.
1. Maximum water should be removed from the soya chunks before putting it to gravy.Else it wont absorb much spices and flavor and will be bland.
2. Cook for good time in the flavorful spice gravy, so that its absorbed by soya chuks.
3. Add more chili powder if needed. This is on low spice level with above mentioned amount.