Thursday, February 3, 2011

Chocolate Cake

Cakes have always been my all time fav.My mom makes them very nicely even in a pressure cooker.Until my marriage I never entered kitchen[never got time:)] So I dint bother to learn it from her.Now that I spend half of my day in kitchen and have an oven I wanted to prepare it.I called her and had noted the recipe long back and prepared it.No wonder it came up to be a utter flop...We could eat it but not like cake but as a biscuit/rusk.Then I just left the plan of making it...
          After long I again felt to make it.This time I was more careful and finally I got a quality product...A very soft and spongy cake....Finally I did it..
Dear friends I wont be writing any tips for this as it is my first successful attempt.Next time when I prepare cake I would write the tips because I would start experimenting then :).


All purpose flour-1/2 cup
Baking Powder-3/4 tsp
Salt-1/4tsp
Eggs-2 nd 1/2( lightly beaten)
Butter-1/2 cup(1 stick)melted
cocoa powder-3 tbsp
sugar powder-1 and 1/4 cup
vanilla extract-1/2 tsp

Method Of Preparation:
1. Mix the all purpose flour,baking powder and salt and keep aside.
2. Mix the butter and cocoa in a bowl and set aside.
3. Beat together the eggs, sugar and vanilla extract in a bowl.
4. Mix it along with cocoa mixture.
5. Sieve  over the flour and mix it along with the mixture.
6. Preheat Oven to 350F. Grease a cake pan with butter and dust it with little flour.Remove the extra flour after dusting.
7. Pour this mixture into the cake pan and bake for 20-30 minutes until risen.Insert a toothpick/skewer.If it comes out clear your cake is done.  Let it sit to cool.
8. Cut to desired sized piece and serve.







This is send to:

 

5 comments:

  1. I loooooove chocs..Looks very soft n spongy..

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have a great blog!! love the choco cake pics....the cake looks soooo yummy!!! thanks for the recipe...will surely give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one yummy looking cake... it is perfect...
    Reva

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time to vist my small world of cooking. Your comments are my inspiration. Criticism and suggestions are always welcome. Happy cooking!

ShareThisFinal

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...