Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Pav/Dinner Rolls

If you feel to have a Indian food in US, which you are sure you wont get with the Indian touch then the best thing is to dare to make it yourself. I was hesitant initially as I have never prepared bread earlier.. because of which I dint tell my husband about the making of pav. I decided.. if it was a hit I would present it to my husband and see the surprise on his face for a home made pav and if a flop would keep my lips zipped for that day;)...No...no don't misunderstand...my hus is very cooperative towards cooking as he loves eating...I dint wanted to tempt him and give him nothing.Luckily the whole thing went so smooth that we enjoyed it with the bhaji...and I got a great wide opened mouth saying wow...from my hus...I should say that it made my day:).


All purpose flour-1 and 1/2 cups+little for dusting
Dry active yeast-1/2 packet
lukewarm water-1/8 cup
milk-3/4 cup (lukewarm)
butter-1 and 1/2 tbsp + little for brushing
sugar-1 tbsp
salt-1/4 tsp
Oil little

Method Of Preparation:

1. Add  butter to lukewarm milk and set aside. Mix yeast and water together along with sugar stir and set aside until frothy
2. Now add the salt and milk and butter mixture to the yeast and stir well. Then add the flour to this mixture and mix.
3. Knead the dough by dusting  with little all purpose flour for at least 10 min.While starting the kneading process the dough would be sticky after kneading it should turn soft and elastic and less sticky.
4. Place this on a lightly oiled bowl and cover it with a damp towel.Keep it in a warm place to double.It took two hours for me to get the dough doubled.Depends on temperature at your place.
5. After that take the dough and roll it to a square on a floured surface and then cut it into 6 pieces using knife.Roll each piece out in your palm to form a round shape (or rolls). Place them side by side on a baking sheet leaving  little space in the middle and between each.
set them aside for about 30min to 1 hour to double.Cover with damp towel. They will also stick to each other once doubled and will give the roll feel.
6. Pre heat the oven to 350F.Bake the rolls for 10 to 15 min . Take them out,brush with little butter on top and bake for another 5 to 10 min until golden brown.All together the baking time would be 20 to 30 minutes.
7. Cool them and serve as chaat or for dinner or breakfast.







Tips:
1. Don't use too much of flour for dusting.The stickiness of the dough should turn to softness by kneading.
2. To check if inside is cooked insert a tooth pick and it should come out clean.

8 comments:

  1. It's so comforting when u have homemade pav..came out well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking pav buns..perfectly baked!

    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey,

    Great looing pav buns/..yumm yumm..:)

    Dr.Sameena@

    http://www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for taking time to visit my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pav was superb!!! I just cant forget the taste of it ..Thanks for that fantastic dinner!! I will definitely try that sometime..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time to vist my small world of cooking. Your comments are my inspiration. Criticism and suggestions are always welcome. Happy cooking!

ShareThisFinal

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...