Salt to taste
Olive Oil-1 tbsp
Green chilies-1 no
Cilantro- 2 tbsp (chopped)
Lime/Lemon Juice-1 to 2 tbsp(freshly squeezed)
Method of Preparation:
1.You can either use pre cooked rice or you can cook the rice with 1:2(rice:water ratio).I like adding salt while cooking the rice. After cooking let the rice come to room temperature.
2. Heat olive oil in a pan and fry the green chilies for few seconds.Turn off the heat and add this hot oil to the rice.
3. Here if you have not added salt while cooking rice add the required amount of salt. Mix this and add the lemon juice and cilantro and mix well.
4. Serve warm with spicy side of your choice.
1. Adding green chili is just for the heat. You can omit that. You can also add rice to the oil and mix well for few seconds. Then remove from heat, and mix the cilantro and lemon juice.
2. Do not mix lemon juice while very hot as it yields a bitter taste.