Softened unsalted butter-125gms/10tbsp
Eggs-2nos (lightly beaten)
Dessicated coconut-1+1/2 cups/135grams
All purpose flour-2 cups/250grams
Crushed Cornflakes-2 cups
Method of Preparation:
1. Preheat the oven to 350F, line two baking trays with baking paper.Sieve the flour with baking soda and baking powder.
2. Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl, using electric beaters until they turn light and fluffy.
3. Gradually add the egg, beating thoroughly after each addition then add the vanilla and beat until combined.
4. Now add the raisins,coconut, give a stir. Fold the flour mixture with a metal spoon and stir until the mixture is almost smooth.
5. Put the crushed cornflakes in a shallow dish, then drop tablespoon of this cookie mixture onto the cornflakes and roll into balls.
6. Arrange on the trays, bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until they turn golden.
7. Cool completely and arrange in an air tight box.
1. I prepared half the quantity and got around 15 cookies.
2. Used vanilla flavored corn flakes for coating.
3. Reduced coconut little(Used about 1/2 cup) for half the measurement.