Mushroom-3 nos(stuffing mushrooms)
Ginger- a small piece
Garlic-1 medium sized clove
Coriander seeds-1 tsp
Green chili-1 no
All purpose flour- 3 tbsp
Corn flour-1 tbsp
Red chili powder-1/4 tsp(add more for heat)
Water- 2 to 3 tbsp
Salt to taste
For Dry Gravy:
Onion-1/2 of small one, cut to big cubes
Bell pepper/ Capsicum- 1/4 cut to big cubes
Soya sauce-1 tsp
Tomato sauce-1 tsp
olive oil-1 tsp
1. Crush the ginger, garlic, coriander,Green chili, cumin coarsely.
2. Wash and cut the mushrooms each to 6 pieces.
3. Slice the shallots finely, add this and crushed mixture to the mushrooms along with APF and corn flour, salt and chili powder.
4. Mix well with little water. The batter should coat the mushrooms.
5. Drop each piece separately using a spoon into hot oil. Fry little at a time to golden brown, drain on paper towel and set aside.
1. Fry garlic till it loses it raw taste.
2. Add onion and cook till it is slightly soft.Then the peppers till it is cooked but has a crunch.
3. Add the sauces on high and mix well for a few seconds. Add a tbsp of water to this.
4. Then add the fried mushrooms and heat on high.Turn heat off. Garnish with coriander leaves(if using).
5. Serve warm as side to variety rice.
1. While making batter for the mushrooms add water little at a time. The batter should be coated evenly on mushroom.If more water is added batter(too thin) won't coat mushroom and if less water is added batter(too thick) will form lumps around mushroom.
2. Heat oil on medium heat and strat dropping battered mushrooms only when oil is hot and then fry slowly on medium low heat.
3. Add salt accordingly as sauces has salt in it.
4. Do not crowd while frying. Add little at a time.
5. My gravy was very less, just a little moisture added to fried ones. There was no liquid at all in this method.
6. If using button mushrooms cut each one to four pieces.