Thursday, April 7, 2011

Beans Carrot upperi/stir fry

When we are at home with our parents we have so many likes and dislikes...we never try to adjust..atleast I was like that...I had so many dislikes that my mom would say..the person marrying you will really suffer...Then I was like...oh dont worry mom..I will change him...Yes thats a beautiful dream...which when comes to reality is not the same... 
              I actually dont like carrot in any curry or side dish....Thats with me from my childhood...When my mom used to make this I used to tell her please dont make it for me...Now that I am a housewife and looking into my fridge I find that there is very little of beans to make anything...I too went on my moms path...mixing carrot with it...Actually there is nothing wrong with this...it is yummy...I have a feeling that the sweetness of carrot wont be good along with salt....Now I too eat it and ya my hubby likes it very much...you know its very healthy...thats what he says and am sure I wud be saying the same to my son...;)

Beans-1 cup(chopped to small pieces)
Carrot-1 big
Salt to taste
Oil-1 tbsp
Dry red chilly-2 no
Mustard-1 tsp
Urud dal-1 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Curry leaves-4 leaves

Method Of Preparation:

1. Heat oil in a wok and sputter mustards,add urdal and red chilly and fry till urdal turns golden.
2. Add beans and carrot along with turmeric powder, crushed curry leaves and mix well.
3. Mix for some time and then add little water,salt,close the lid and cook till it becomes tender.
4. Dry water if any and serve as side for rice.

46 comments:

  1. yummy curry!...good with hot rice!..
    Smitha

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...lovely curry dear....I love these kind of mixed flavors...very healthy dear !

    ReplyDelete
  3. simple easy and lovely combo stirfry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a healthy poriyal! Looks good and hot too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks good and healthy too... even i hated carrot as a child...and married a carrot loving husband and this dish is a hit at home

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pass me the plate Reshmi, Lunch time here..Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  7. yummy, colorful and healthy curry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delicious and healthy,love this combo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this stirfry.We too make it almost the same except that I add some coconut to this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome combo of beans and carrot upperi.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delicious combo !! very healthy !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stir fry looks healthy and YUM! Love this combo..nice and easy recipe..Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a lovely stir-fry. Your photos of it are wonderful. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  14. My fav stir-fry! Looks very great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A yummy combination. My favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. healthy curry..it will be very nice to eat with sambar rice..

    ReplyDelete
  17. It looks very healthy and tempting..

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is one of my fav and always I used to make this..:)This is so simple and very healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow..it's simple..it's yum...love that combo...

    ReplyDelete
  20. i think the only thoran i really like i carrot and beans...can have it regularly :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. this upperi is perfect with rice.........even i have posted a different version of this stir fry............

    ReplyDelete
  22. Colourful and healthy receipes...

    Good combo with sambar..rasam,kuzhambhu rice very well..

    ReplyDelete
  23. hee hee- we all change, marriage does that to us - but it's a happy change and we love it, nice read the sabzi looks good !!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Delicious stir fry!!! I have shared few awards with you. Please accept these :)

    http://simplysweetnsavory.blogspot.com/2011/04/gateau-gingli-rier-sesame-seed-balls.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. Simple and delicious upperi...One of my kids favorite stir fries...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love this ever green combo,rasam and this stir fry makes an awesome combo for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Healthy kootu... Perfectly cooked :-) Would love to have it with rice and sambar :-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. A simple & healthy stir fry..Looks colorful too!!
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely combo. I usually make it regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  30. thats quick and easy....i love dat

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow, that looks so easy and delicious, love the mix of green and orange color going there.

    Hey, I was wondering if you saw about "MAITRI - A Friendship Chain" event. If not, please do take a look and try to participate, it will be fun :)

    http://mharorajasthanrecipes.blogspot.com/2011/03/maitri-friendship-chain.html

    Send me an email @ priya.mitharwal@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. hey i made this with coconut but i like this one better!more healthy too!good one!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Tried this out today. For a first time cook, this is a perfect recipe. Th description is simple and easy to follow. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time to vist my small world of cooking. Your comments are my inspiration. Criticism and suggestions are always welcome. Happy cooking!

ShareThisFinal

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...