A simple snack which everyone might have tasted....I dont know any other name for it..
Shortening/Veg oil-3 tbsp(This time I used veg oil)
Salt to taste
Cumin seeds-1 tsp
Water to knead
Oil to fry.
Method Of Preparation:
1. warm the shortening/veg oil.
2. In a bowl mix maida,salt,cumin and make a well in between.Add the warm shortening into this and mix with a spoon.
3. Then add water little by little and make a dough like the chapathi dough(soft but not sticky).Rub a little oil on the surface at the end.
4. Make medium sized balls and roll it to form thin circles like chapathi.Cut that circles to small lines horizontally and then vertically,So that finally you get diamond shaped small pieces.(dont go for the shape that I got...its almost so :))
6. Heat oil in a wok on high and drop little by little pieces into it. Decrease the flame to medium and fry till light golden.Be careful because it tends to change from light golden to dark brown(burned) easily.
7. Drain and keep aside.Continue the process.
8. A crispy crunchy snack ready. store in air tight container after cooling.