Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Egg Bonda

We are actually snack lovers...Almost everyday we have one or the other snack...either home made or store bought.... This snack is my hus fav or I shud say one of the fav snack...

Egg-2 no(hard boiled and cut to halves)
Gram Flour/Besan-1/4 cup
Salt to taste
Chilly Powder-1/4 tsp(add acc to your taste)
Hing- a pinch
Turmeric powder-a pinch(can be avoided)
Water to make a medium thick paste
Oil to fry


Method Of Preparation:

1. Mix the flour,salt, chilly, hing, tumeric with water to form a smooth paste with medium thick consistency.
2. Heat oil in a wok and when it gets hot, dip the halved pieces of egg and drop directly into oil.
3. Fry till it turns golden and drain.
4. Serve warm with tea.



Tips:
1. Do not drop all the pieces together and crowd the wok.There should be space to turn the pieces.
2. I had some flour mixture after frying which I made onion pakoda. Its equally tasty.
3. While adding water add little by little.If you add more water it wont coat properly.

34 comments:

  1. Hey, this is my fav too.. Looks crispy and drooooling here

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice snack and delicious too...
    www.rajafood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. egg bonda looks perfect and delicious...feel like grabbing one from the pic..:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. interesting bondas dear - never made these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its has been ages i had this egg bonda, urs makes me drool..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Favourite item.....its raining here...love to take one hot...:))

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my husband's fav !! looks so crispy and wonderful !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All time favourite.We used to enjoy these in our college canteen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. easy and yummy snack...looks temptg

    ReplyDelete
  10. my mom adds some chutney with it as stuffing and its yum :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Crispy and yummy snack,perfect and tempting..bookmarked.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My hUbby is a fan of this..but its been a long time I made these! :)
    yummy
    Smitha
    Smitha's Spicy Flavors

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yummy bondas...they look scrumptious and awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  14. We love our snacks too ... but its way too hot here to do any cooking, I can't wait for the monsoon to kick in!

    The egg bonda looks lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. perfect tea time snack, rather should I say anytime snack!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Delicious yummy bondas... mouth watering here...

    ReplyDelete
  17. even my family loves snacks............yours looks really nice............

    ReplyDelete
  18. These little treats are my kind of appetizer!

    ReplyDelete
  19. this is my fav too.. Looks crispy and drooling here

    ReplyDelete
  20. Egg bonda looks awesome dear. My favorite too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome egg bondas!!! I feel like having some with my evening tea!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Quick & quite filling...Nice one Reshmi :)
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    ReplyDelete
  23. Perfect for snacking- they look neat n nice!
    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yummy.. Perfect for an evening snak.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time to vist my small world of cooking. Your comments are my inspiration. Criticism and suggestions are always welcome. Happy cooking!

ShareThisFinal

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...