Hai... Hope everyone had a lovely time....I had a superb time over here...Everyone has stopped blogging about sadya recipes...so I started :)....In my case most of the recipes are already there in my blog as I cook veg mainly(am supposed to) and so I make them during regular days, here comes such a recipe..... A recipe that goes very well with rice/acts as a good soup/and even as a very nice medicine for cold....So here is the recipe....
Tomatoes - 2 no(chopped)
Garlic - 5 cloves
Whole pepper corns - 2 tbsp
Tamarind - Goose berry sized
Curry leaves - 1 stalk
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Chilly powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
Fenugreek powder - 1/2 tsp
Hing / asafoetida - 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
Dry red chillies - 2 - 3
Coriander leaves - 2 tbsp(chopped)
Oil - As required
Salt - To taste
Method Of Preparation:
1. Soak the tamarind in warm water,keep aside for some time and extract its juice.
2. Crush the whole pepper corns, garlic and cumin seeds. I used a mortar and pestle as it is very little in quantity.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Fry mustard seeds and dry red chillies. Then add the crushed garlic, pepper corn and cumin seed mixture.Fry for few seconds, add the chopped tomato. Mix well and cook for 2 - 3 minutes till it becomes soft.Stir in between.
4. Now add the turmeric powder, chilly powder, coriander powder, fenugreek powder and hing. Mix well and add the tamarind extract and around 3 cups of water. Add enough salt. Bring to a boil, then lower the flame and simmer for 5 mins approx.
5. Add the chopped coriander leaves and curry leaves. Keep for sometime before serving.
6. Serve with rice.
Another method using Rasam powder:
Tamarind- goose berry size(if using thick pulp use 1/4 tsp and little more.)
Tomato-2 no(if big use 1)
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Chilly powder-1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Pepper powder-1/2 tsp
Rasam powder-2 tsp
Garlic Pods-3 no
Dry red chillies-2 no
Oil as required.
Coriander and curry leaves.
Method Of Preparation:
1. Heat oil in a pan. Fry mustard seeds and dry red chillies.
2. Then add the crushed garlic, fry for a second.
3. Extract the pulp of tamarind using hot water.
4. Use 3 glass of water, add tomato, turmeric,chilly powder and salt and bring to boil. Then keep on low and simmer for 5 min.
5. Add Rasam powder,pepper powder and boil for 2 min. Add coriander leaves,curry leaves and keep the lid closed.
6. Serve with rice/ as soup for winter days.