Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Beetroot upperi/stir fry

I am becoming very lazy to type...so all my recipes are pending either in my book or half done in my draft...Oh forgot to add one more lazy person...My Internet connection...If you open a page it takes such a long time that I can boil my tea...So thats another reason why I am not peeping into many of your blogs for past 2 ,3 days...:)...Now about the recipe, this was prepared with the drumstick mango curry....Now finally I found out time to copy the picture from card to sys and then upload the recipe...:)...So now you all got to know how lazy I am...right???



Beetroot-1 no(cut to small cubes/grated)
Garlic-1/2 tsp(minced/2 cloves crushed)
Coconut oil-2 tsp
Mustard-1 tsp
Urdal/Bengal Gram-1 tsp
Dry Red Chilly-2 no
Curry leaves-3 leaves.
Salt to taste.

Method Of Preparation:


1. Heat oil in a wok,sputter mustard,add urdal,dry red chilly and curry leaves.
2. Once urdal turns golden add garlic,fry for second then add beetroot and 1/4 cup(or less) water.
3. Mix well and cook till it becomes soft. Once it becomes soft,add salt,mix and dry out any excess water in it.
4. Serve with rice.

45 comments:

  1. How very original; I never would have thought of preparing beets this way. I love beets; keeping this recipe.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow so delicious beetroot fry !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful and delicious stir fry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummy beetroot upperi.........my fav...........

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy stir fry,colorful and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its just on Ugadi that I had prepared it but my rec was simple without onion and garlic...looks so delicious would love to try this :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Healthy, colorful and delicious stir fry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beetroot is one of my fav. veggies to work with, will def. try your recipe..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Colourful and simple stir fry!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simple yet delicious !!

    Cheers,
    Satrupa

    http://satrupa-foodforthought.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I make it almost the same way...I love it too!
    Smitha
    Smitha's Spicy Flavors

    ReplyDelete
  12. there are days when i go thru the lazy phase too !! the beet curry looks swell- with rice i can imagine the taste !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Delicious n so colorful- nice stir fry
    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beetroot fry looks awesome delicious. I love to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love beets, but never really made a stir fry out of it...This looks like a simple fry..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Simple and healthy... I love to eat this like a salad too, without any roti/rice.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I become lazy too lately. These beets look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  18. MM..TEMPTING....LOOKS NICE AND DELICIOUS..

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so colourful. I am sure it would have tasted awesome too:-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. i have tried it andits surely quick healthy and yummy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks very colorful!One of my favorite upperis

    ReplyDelete
  22. That's one healthy and colorful veggie, looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  23. i made this today :)... my hus doesn like beet. so i always make use of it by making beet kesari, beet n banana shake / beet adoo :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. My fav veggie...simple n comforting

    ReplyDelete
  25. simple yet delicious one.nice version

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looks very tempting!! And easy to prepare.....a must try!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. yummy and colorful
    http://rajafood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is looking so colorful and mouthful... !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time to vist my small world of cooking. Your comments are my inspiration. Criticism and suggestions are always welcome. Happy cooking!

ShareThisFinal

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...