Pigeon pea/toor dal-1/2 cup
Drumsticks-3 no(cut to ring finger length)
Raw Mango-1/2 no(peeled and cut roughly,medium sized pieces)
Chilly Powder-1 tsp
Salt to taste
Dry Red Chilly-2 no
Curry leaves-1 stalk
Onion/shallots-1/4 or3 no(cut to small pieces)
Method Of Preparation:
1. Cook dal along with sufficient water till it becomes medium soft,then add drumsticks,turmeric,chilly powder,when it looks half cooked add the mango pieces,salt and cook.
2. Grind coconut to paste and keep aside.
3. Once everything gets cooked add coconut along with little water and mix well.When it boils take from heat.
4. In a wok,heat little oil,sputter mustard,chili.Then fry shallots till golden and add curry leaves.Add this mixture to the curry.
5. Serve with rice.
1. You can replace coconut with coconut milk.See that gravy doesn't have too much of water in that case.
2. Non Veg version can be made by adding prawns to it.In that case cook prawns and drumstick first along with the powders,then add mango and continue the above process.
3. You can add 1 whole mango if it is not too sour..