My hubby is a fan of this pulse....He likes it in any form..sweet/salt...Here is a curry/stew which can be easily made....
Green gram-1 cup
Green Chilly-1 no(add more if you want it spicy)
Salt to taste.
Coconut Milk-1/2 cup
Coconut Oil-1 tsp
Curry Leaves- 1stalk
Method Of Preparation:
1. Soak green gram for 4 hrs, and cook along with ginger and green chilly till it becomes soft.
2. Once soft add salt,curry leaves and coconut milk and simmer it.
3. Turn the stove off and add coconut oil on top. Mix and serve.
1.To get coconut milk,
Take grated coconut(1/2 cup aprox) in a mixer/blender , with little hot water and process for a minute, then squeeze it . This gives you coconut milk.
2. If you have not soaked the gram earlier,pressure cook it for 4 to 5 whistles on low.
3. You can sprinkle some pepper powder on top.